Handmade, DIY Drink Umbrellas
Drink umbrellas always add a festive touch to cocktails, and our upscale version of the colorful classic is as easy to make as it is elegant.
What You’ll Need:
- Wooden skewers (easily found at the grocery store)
- Paper (from your local craft store)
- A spool of ribbon, a glass or a can (something circular and about 3 inches in diameter) to trace circles onto paper
- Using a spool of ribbon, a glass or a can, trace a circle (that’s approximately 3″ in diameter) onto the back of your paper.
- Cut out the circle.
- Cut and remove a 1/8 pie slice from the circle.
- Overlap cut ends to form an umbrella.
- Glue the underside and secure with tape.
- Gently insert wooden skewer through the center.
- Voila, a drink parasol!
Tip: If you’ll be using drink umbrellas in a windy environment, add a dab of glue with a glue gun to the inside top of the drink umbrella to help adhere the wooden skewer to the parasol. This will help prevent flyaways.