Bowtie Pasta Salad
A Summer Whites party calls for a menu with a matching color scheme, which is why we served a bowtie pasta salad at our Labor Day soiree. Made with zucchini, mint, and feta, this healthy take on a classic features fancy-shaped pasta to fit the party’s look. Here’s the simple recipe, which can be made a day before serving:
- 2 – 12 ounce package bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 6 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 green zucchinis, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and squeezed
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Boil bowtie pasta in salted water and cook according to package directions (approximately 8 minutes).
- Drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water; transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add diced zucchini, mint, and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil; toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with feta.